Connect with us

Local News

Police raid Kano Emir palace, sack Sanusi’s guards



The Police have taken charge of the security of Kano Emir’s main palace previously guarded by local hunters after Lamido Sanusi was reinstated.

These hunters, called ‘Yan Tauri’, had come from various parts of the state to secure the palace following rumours that federal authorities intended to move Aminu Ado-Bayero amid the ongoing emirship dispute.

Ado-Bayero, who was recently removed from his position by the state government, is now under the protection of federal security agents at the Nasarawa mini palace.

According to Premium Times, security agents took control of the main emir’s palace, Gidan Rumfa, on Sunday evening, where the hunters had been engaged in activities like playing card games.

A security source confirmed that the hunters had been sacked.

“You can see for yourself that the hunters are no longer here,” a police officer at the palace noted.

Residents said that the hunters left the palace between Saturday and Sunday morning after a court ruling on Thursday declared Sanusi’s reappointment invalid.

Some residents mentioned that the hunters left their machetes behind to avoid identification after being ordered to leave the palace or face the security agents’ consequences.

“Some of them left behind their machetes to conceal their identity after they were asked to vacate the palace or face the wrath of the security agents”, one of the residents said.

The court decision nullified Sanusi’s reappointment and directed the state government to stop implementing the Kano Emirate Council (Repeal) Law, 2024.

Judge Abdullahi Liman ruled the reappointment void due to the government’s failure to comply with a previous court order prohibiting further action on the new emirate council law.


Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Breaking News

Retired army general assassinated in Abuja



The Federal Capital Territory (FCT) Police has ordered an immediate investigation into the murder of a Retired Army Brigadier General, Uwem Harold Udokwere.

The retired general was killed by armed robbers who attacked his residence in Sunshine Homes Estate, Abuja.

The unfortunate incident happened at about 3am on Saturday morning, June 22.

In a statement signed by FCT Police PRO, Josephine Adeh, the police ordered a thorough and discreet inquiry into the circumstances surrounding the army general’s death.

FCT commissioner of police, CP Benneth Igweh expressed condolences to the bereaved family.

He assured the family and the public of swift justice, with every effort in conduit to ensure the perpetrators of the atrocious act are apprehended and brought to justice.

Continue Reading

Local News

LG Council Crisis: Rivers government reacts to ongoing protests, as youths destroy Wike’s statue



The Rivers State government has thanked the outgone LGA chairmen for standing by the law and obeying it.

GoodLife reported Governor Fubara ordered heads of administration in the 23 local government areas to take over from the elected council chairmen whose three-year tenure elapsed on Monday.

Some chairmen who proved adamant and vowed to remain in office were kicked out by angry protesters on Tuesday morning.

Police officers fired multiple shots into the air to disperse the protesters at the various LGA headquarters, including the Port Harcourt council secretariat.

Supporters of Governor Siminalayi Fubara also destroyed the statue of former governor Nyesom Wike in Obio/Akpor Local Government Council, Wike’s hometown.

Reacting to the development, Chief of Staff to Governor Fubara, Edison Ehie said:

“We thank God and we thank the outgone administration for standing by the law. The former chairman (of Emohua LGA) is a lawyer and I thank him for standing by the provisions of the law.

“Now that the HLGAs have taken over with NULGE, they will now await further directives from the governor. As for today remain peaceful and enjoy your Sallah with our Muslim brothers.

Continue Reading

Local News

Church member arrests pastor who refused to refund him after accidentally sending N1M instead of 100K [video]



A church member has supposedly gotten his pastor arrested for not sending back N900,000 when he sent N1,000,000 rather than N100,000.

In a moving video on the web, the supposed member was seen showing up at the pastor’s home with some police officers to effect the arrest.

He explained how the minister had let him know that the cash currently belonged to God whom he ought to take it up with.

The pastor quietly went with the police officers who are presently given the responsibility of recovering the witheld 900,000 naira.

Continue Reading